Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Summa Time!

Twice a year Sherwin-Williams stores participate in an event called "The Blue Bucket Sale". This was will be the third year we hold this event. It is a very simple idea, whatever you can fit into a bucket you can get 35% off your purchase of associated products that we sell. My assistant and I are both very competitive. Our store which is one of the smallest in my district has been the top seller in 3 out of 4 times. Thursday is our big and final day of the Sale. We pull out all the stops, calling everyone who hasn't showed up, pizza, meatball subs for lunch, cookies etc. You would think by the way we compete that their is some glorious prize attached to this. Except for one time the only prize was the satisfaction of being the top selling store. This year we have a chance to have supper on the boss, but all in all it really isn't about the prize. We love to work as a team and succeed as a team. 

Thursday at 4 pm is the time I was leaving with Mike to head down to Plymouth for night classes. I was completely exhausted from the day and needless to say I had a tough time absorbing anything in the first half of the class. We were tying up thoughts of the previous class and after the break we started to discuss St. Thomas Aquinas and his thoughts. The teacher asked us...."Given that Jesus is the Ultimate teacher what can you infer?" There was a pause and then something inspired me to say...."He can't learn anything!" I thought to myself, how did that come out of you? The rest of the class I was literally at the edge of my seat. By the help of the Spirit I was able to wrap myself around these thoughts and really loved it! I really enjoyed the logic and thought process he used. It was Summa time and I enjoyed every single minute of it. I actually have been sharing these feelings with family and friends. 

What I thought was going to be a very rough night, ended up being the most enjoyable time I've had this year. I actually downloaded the Summa Theologica on my Kindle fire last night for 99 cents. How could I go wrong? Honestly I'm not that deep of a thinker but something is burning inside of me and I want to know more. 

So that's what went on, when I expected nothing at all I was caught up in Summa Time! I hope you all find that moment that just burns inside of you this Lenten Season. 

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment