Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, March 5, 2012

You did not withhold from me!

After a day of digesting yesterday's Old Testament Reading from Genesis, one theme stands out from me. Abraham was promised many blessings and rewards because he did not withhold from God. The greatest treasure that Abraham had was his son Isaac, and to be asked to give up something so special that you have been waiting years is just so incredible.

I'm not Abraham, nor will I ever be, but I know I'm being put through the test also. The question I ask myself is....."what am I withholding from the Lord!" Am I always giving my best or at times am I just mailing it in. Honestly, there are many times that I feel that I'm fully on board. Unfortunately, there are also times that I'm just withholding a little too much. Because of my own failings and my issues with control I'm not 100 % on board. I still rely too much on myself and that is where I feel I'm being tested.

Yesterday, I was looking at Jesus on the Cross. There He is fully exposed, and holding nothing back because He loves me. He was fully engaged, leaving nothing behind and giving every last ounce in Him!

So, I got down on my knees and prayed for strength and guidance to make those changes that are needed. I'll keep working at it, realizing that I will struggle with this but also inspired to know that "abundant blessings await those who do not withhold anything from Him!"

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment