Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, March 17, 2012

What do you Treasure?

Ah, the thought of treasures conjures up many thoughts for everybody. This week in the Diocesan magazine "Parable" there is a wonderful article by Cynthia Nicolosi titled..."Saint Joseph, Husband of Mary". She had two lines shortly after the heading that really caught my attention. The first was...
"In his teaching, Jesus gave his disciples a measure for knowing themselves:
"Where your treasure is, there is also your heart"
If you identify what it is you value above everything
you will now the truth about yourself.

Wow! These are very powerful words indeed. One of the books in the Old Testament that I love is the book of Sirach. In it there are a couple of references that I immediately thought of when I read this line. The "Treasures" it speaks of are precious as a rare gem and a one of a kind treasure. There are two treasures that I read about first a wife, and also a friend. That could be both for some of us, and if you are blessed you may also have several friends that is, not wives! 

My treasures are my faith, my family, my friends, my candidate family, my coworkers. I strongly suggest to read through this book. Even today I found that Chapter two in the book is speaking to me about the Duties to God!
Saint Joseph is a great model of purity and of putting the real treasures in life first!

Now for the final line in the heading.....
"In the same way, you can also know others.......
Show me what you treasure, and I will tell you who you are!"


So what is your Treasure?

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch   

No comments:

Post a Comment