Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, June 20, 2011

"According to MY Satisfaction"

I was recommended by a friend to read "The Examen Prayer, Ignatian Wisdom for Our Lives Today by Timothy M. Gallagher, OMV" I have mentioned in the past that I really don't like reading too many books, but I was moved to order it. I have had this book for several months and wanted to wait until our first year of studies were over. Needless to say it was time to get going. I have just started, and it isn't a book I want to rush through and say here is another book done! No, I'm just reading a little at a time and when something hits me, and it usually does I just stop and reflect.

Well, today is the day and something very appropriate for me moved me. I have also said that at times I'm struggling with Evening Prayers, so today I got out early from work and stopped into the Adoration Chapel to pray and be in His Presence. After completing my prayers I continued my reading of the Examen Prayer and thus we have the title of this posting "According to MY Satisfaction".  The MY isn't written the same way in the book but looking back it is probably the way at times in my life that I see it written. I want to know, I want to feel, I need answers, and all according to MY satisfaction. When I'm in the MY time of my life, I get impatient, frustrated, and I'm sure you all know what I mean.

I couldn't continue reading any further, as this thought from St. Ignatius was drawing me in to reflect on my life. I'm a driven person, who looks for answers and finds ways to solve problems. I also couldn't help but think about what Steve had said in one of our classes that at times we like to package up the Lord and try to figure HIM out.

For the rest of this week I'm going to try to slow down, relax, let the Spirit in and then wait for the Lord to move "According to HIS Satisfaction!"

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment