Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ch,ch,ch,changes!

I have been keeping a journal since the start of the year and I have been enjoying and faithful to it for the most part. Writing a journal has become a regular part of my day that at many times I can't wait to jot down what is stirring inside of me. This week I wrote down "Ch,ch,ch, changes" reflecting the changes that Our Lord is working through me in prayer, in Scripture, and in my everyday life.

Last night I celebrated the graduation of a young man along with all of my friends and his family. I was told the news that our Associate Pastor Fr. Steve was moving away soon to be Pastor in another parish. This morning I got up early to do Morning Prayers in the Chapel and Fr. Steve joined me before Mass for reflection and confirmed that he would be leaving soon. I told him we would miss him, but I was also happy for him to meet the newest challenge in his life. I also thanked him for the support that he gave Mike and I in the past year. As Candidates we are so blessed to have had the tremendous support of everyone in our community.

After Mass there was a little discussion on Fr. Steve leaving and it dawned on me that there is only one constant in our journey, and that is the Love and Presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ. So today ironically on the Feast of Corpus Christi I am reminded that we are all One no matter where we live.

Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment