Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday...A day for Fathers.... And How does the Spirit Move YOU?????

Today is a very special day for me the Church and especially all fathers. First I want to congratulate all fathers out there. May God continue to bless you and may you always be an example of Christ's Love out there.

A couple of weeks ago I was asked to be lector at today's 9 am Mass and I was glad because, Terry had a Mass said for her Dad. Fr. Mark was the Celebrant and once again he has such a wonderful way to reach out to all of us. He reminded us about how important it is to recognize our first basic prayer... In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit on this celebration of Trinity Sunday. He mentioned that many years ago after Vatican II there were changes made by some to God the Creator, the Redeemer and the Vindicator. He mentioned how these words were describing an action and not the Person of God. He then focused on something he (Fr. Mark) has spoken to me before. He said..." I'm sure most of you have had something happen in your life that you looked back and wondered how you were capable of doing this! This could have happened in something you said, something you did, or just being there or present for someone." I just get so much out of his homilies and to even hear this again hasn't bored me at all. There it is again, the ministry of Presence. A very basic ministry that we are all called to do with the gifts that we are given.

It seems that whenever I attend Mass at St. Anne's Church the parishioners are always reaching out to me after Mass. They offer their support, they call out to me and want to talk, I get to share in the grief of a lost one, and most of the time I realize that the Holy Spirit is moving me to answer God's call to be there for someone. Today all of these events occurred and again I just let the Spirit move me.

 After Mass as a family & friends we all traveled to Jackson to the Red Fox Pub for Sunday Brunch. We were 12 people celebrating Fathers day, but most of all being there for each other.

Looking back at this day I know ask you...... "How did the Spirit Move YOU today?

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment