Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crashed!

The final week has finally arrived for all of the deacon candidates. Our final paper for Catholic Moral Theology was due Tuesday June 5th, and I was ready for it. I finished my paper on Sunday and left it out Monday morning to have my editor (Terry) look it over for the final blessing. I was pretty excited about my paper and anxious to hear her feed back.

She called me Monday morning, and I asked quickly what she thought of the paper. She said it looked great. Awesome! Then she said ...... " we have a problem!"  Oh no! Yes the computer wasn't responding. She asked if I had saved it to the thumb drive? Nope!  Well, she called the tech guy and soon we heard the bad news. The hard drive isn't responding and it's time to let your computer RIP!

Well, the day didn't start out well, but I got a kind offer from my assistant to use her computer. Luckily, I had printed out the paper, but it took me almost 2 hours to finish the project. I haven't gotten a confirmation email from the professor yet, but I'm assuming everything is ok so far.

Mike stoped by to visit after work and I shared with him the news. He was in a great mood, telling me he finished his paper and his reflection (homily) for the weekend. We talked a while and he asked if I had time to just talk and share, so last night he hosted me at his home for supper, evening prayer, but most of all a chance to just spend time together. We're both glad the classes are over for now, but we both miss the times we've had to share about what is going on in our lives. Needless to say it was an awesome night! We're planning to try to meet with our priests, and deacon for a boys night out.

Well the final week also means, the final retreat for the year. Terry and I will be away for the weekend and we are asking for all of you to continue to pray for all of us, candidates and wives.

The sun is still shining tonight and I say ...... Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment