Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Perfection!

I guess it is turning into one of those days where as they say ..... "the juices are flowing!" While looking over today's reading we hear our Lord challenging us to be perfect like the Father is. Perfect! Really! Me! I know I have an ego but not that bad!

That word is something that I have a hard time swallowing. Growing up as a bilingual person I've always heard it said .... "it gets lost in the translation!" Well I checked out a reflection on the Laudate app,(Kindle fire) on today's readings and there is the discussion on perfection. I read that in Aramaic (Jesus'  language) it meant whole, complete, not lacking in the essentials.

This word really needs to get out there to everyone. You and I can easily get frustrated with the impossible task of being "perfect" or we can work hard to try with the grace of God to be whole, to be complete, and fill ourselves up with what is really the essentials in life: faith, family, friends, prayers, acts of charity, etc.

With that in mind, I wish you all the necessary "essentials" for a truly good life!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment