Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Where is Meriba and Massah?

I've come to the realization that there are no ordinary days and epiphanies will come if you are open to receiving them, and lastly when you least expect them to! So with that mouthful out of the way you probably already guessed that something unusual happened again.

For several weeks now Mike M and I have opened up a bit more and shared our faith, and our lives to each other. For the second time this week we were stuck on something in the Morning readings. Actually today we didn't even get going and we discussed just a few words. Like I said the last time we have been praying most mornings 5 days a week for almost two years and here it is  .................

"Do not grow stubborn, as your fathers did in the wilderness,
when at Meriba and Massah
they challenged and provoked me,
Although they had seen all my works."


Here we are ready to start and Mike says ...."Meriba and Massah ..... everything is Meriba and Massah!"


I wasn't so startled this time and rather I wanted to jump right into this, and Mike said .....
"We live in Meriba and Massah throughout our lives, we are sinful, and stubborn, and like our ancestors we have stayed that way despite seeing all the wonders Our Lord has done for us!"

Well being the person I am I checked it out and this is what I came up with......
Moses named the place Massah (which means "test") and Meribah (which means "arguing") because the people of Israel argued with Moses and tested the LORD by saying, "Is the LORD here with us or not?"New Living Translation 2007

Doesn't this sound like you and I? We go about our lives thinking we are all set no matter what we do, and when something goes wrong in our lives we getting all worked up, wondering where is God? Why has he left us? Again, like in a previous posting ...."Who Moved?"


We both agreed that we will try with all our might to stay away from Meriba and Massah in our lives, even though we know that is impossible!

So the next time someone asks you .....  "Have you been to any interesting places lately?"

Tell them you've been spending way too much time in Meriba in Massah, and get ready for that look!


Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment