Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, June 18, 2012

Were you taking notes?

Our parishes are very blessed to have Deacon Andrew Nelson with us for a couple of months this summer before heading back to the Seminary for his final year. He actually began his work last week and this weekend was my first opportunity to observe.

Terry and I attended the 4 pm Mass on Saturday afternoon and Deacon Andrew was there. I find it to be a golden opportunity to observe what he does and to hear him preach. I guess it was so noticeable that I was just about watching his every moves that Fr. Mark stated "were you taking notes?" I answered "yes" knowing that I wasn't very discreet in my observations. I'm pretty sure he expected that and we both laughed at the situation.

Deacon Andrew did a very nice job with his homily and he even attempted to say this in french " Bonne Sainte Anne, priez pour nous!"  Good Saint Anne, pray for us! I have to give him kudos for trying, and even more so for asking for  tips on Sunday morning to say it better, which he did.

My initial observations of him, are that I really like his friendly and humble demeanor. These qualities should help him out tremendously as a Priest. I wished Fr. Mark and Fr. Kyle a Happy Father's day and the Deacon, well he'll just have to wait until next year.

Bishop Peter will be visiting Berlin again tomorrow morning. This will be his 5th visit here since his installation and our parishes are very excited to welcome him back!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch


Picture of Deacon Andrew Nelson!


No comments:

Post a Comment