Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Unfinished business!

Today we have a special visitor to our community, so I made an executive decision to take the day off.  Bishop Peter celebrated Mass in Berlin this morning and as usual he doesn't disappoint at all with his homilies. He reflected upon the clouds that hovered around the mountains and likened them to the Old Testament where there was "mystery" in those clouds. He also spoke how the mountains were sacred to our Jewish brothers and sisters and that God was always calling us to reach higher, to do more, to not lose hope, and obviously not be complacent about our calling.

After Mass I got to speak with many parishioners who were so kind in their words and through their prayers. One of them said ..... "I'm going to tell the Bishop to keep you here after ordination." I met with a friend who shared the good news that he got the job he had applied for. I couldn't help but feel his joy and enthusiasm.

I waited for a while to meet the Bishop and soon my folks and I had a few moments with him. He recognized me from a few weeks ago, and then I shared with him that I had some unfinished business with him. He looked a little puzzled, I get that often, and then I told him that at the Rite of Lector ceremony I was so excited and nervous about the event that I had forgotten to show reverence and bow to the Bishop. So belatedly I finished by bowing to the Bishop and he returned the honor.  I also shared with him how beautiful this Rite is in all it's simplicity and symbolism. He reminded me how important the Scriptures are and to share the message of Christ out there.

Well, it's a beautiful day in the North Country and I'll take in everything that continues to come my way today!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment