Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, June 25, 2012

We are all on borrowed time!

I have been enjoying Morning Prayers with my friend Mike M. for close to two years now and we both commented, "today is just an ordinary day in ordinary times". Yes I know it's a little corny, but I've already warned all of you of one of my character flaws. Life for most of us can really feel routine, like you are just going through the motions. Unfortunately even in prayer time it can be routine.

This morning would be anything but routine! We recited the Invitatory together and then we checked out the Hymns that were offered. Mike is not a fan of singing but really puts  a great effort into it. Today because I don't know the hymns well enough to sing it, we recited "I Sing the Mighty Power of God!" There are only three verses and it does have a very nice rhythm to it.

We are now reciting the final verse and when we are done I was ready to move on to the first Psalm. For the first time ever Mike doesn't follow and all he does is repeat the ending of the third verse. I was wondering what he was doing and then he said ........... "Our lives are part of something greater, we are only borrowing this time!" He then repeated we are living on borrowed time! He also explained to me how today, just an ordinary day, he found something profound, something truly extraordinary. He said...."We have been reading this at least a dozen times since we started praying together and a phrase really hit me hard!"

#10 I Sing the Mighty Power of God
Verse 3


"There's not a plant or flower below,
But makes your glories known;
And clouds arise and tempest blow,
By order from your throne;
While all that borrows life from you Is ever in your care,
And everywhere that man can be, You, God, are present there."


Needless to say our prayer time stopped for a few moments and he shared how wonderful it was to receive this "epiphany"! This wonderful revelation, a gift from God, has been right before our very eyes for such a long time and now we realize it. We are truly His!

So as we remain forever in His care, let us be like the flowers and plants and make his glory known, and like the clouds let us arise, and proclaim that His Kingdom is at hand, all that we have is yours oh Lord, and thank you for always being there for us!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment