Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Where it all began!

Once again we are about to close out another month this year, and as time keeps ticking away I've been working harder to find those quiet times of reflection. The other evening I listened to Reflections from Pope Benedict XVI from St. Luke productions on the app Laudate on my kindle fire. Yes, this is the same one that I have mentioned a few times in the past.

This reflection was simply amazing. I really try to listen to it every day, but on this occaision I replayed it over and over again trying to dot down notes from what inspired me.

Here are a few of the reflection highlights:

  • The Apostles were experts on Jesus, hence our Apostolic tradition.
  • They received an invitation, first an invitation to "come and see",  then ....... ....."An invitation to enter into the mystery of the communion in Christ!
  • Before being sent out to preach "they had to "be" with Jesus, establishing a personal relationship with Him!"
  • "Evangelization is a proclamation of what they have felt, and they were not called to proclaim an idea, they are a witness to a person!"

The main highlight for me came from this one:

"This adventure began as an encounter of people open to one another!"


The adventure of this Apostolic tradition began over a thousand years ago because a few people were open to one another. A great love developed that needed to be shared, they could no longer hide away, deny it, or conceal it, they became the lamp that lighted up the world, and this great Apostolic tradition can only continue if we are open to one another.


Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment