Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A whisper in the wind....!

Yesterday I received a whisper in the wind, by way of an email from Deacon Frank Vonesh. Who? Deacon Frank is a recently ordained Permanent Deacon from the Archdiocese of St. Louis.  Apparently someone passed the link for the Diocese's Diaconate website and he looked over my blog. He explained the process he went through and related well to the struggles of writing papers after all those years.

He was extremely kind and offered to all of us Aspirants his encouragement and support.  Voila, our Lord whispered to me today! I mentioned before how I read the Word Among Us daily meditations, and today's readings dealt with Mary hurrying to visit Elizabeth to share and rejoice together. Together they enjoyed mutual support and companionship. This is the passage that really got me to stop and reflect.....
"How important it is that we support and affirm one another in the
same way! Especially in those times when we start to doubt our own
value or ability to do the work which God has called us, the right words
from a trusted companion can make all the difference. Mary and Elizabeth
show us how much we can help each other simply by our reassuring presence.
By listening attentively and by offering words of encouragement, we can help each other embrace the road that God has marked out for us with energy,
enthusiasm, and hope-no matter how daunting it may seem at times."
                                            Word Among Us December 21- Page 45

Christ's whisper to me came twofold, first an unknown supporter in the person of Deacon Frank, and today by reading my daily meditations that reinforced what I read both in the email and the Meditations.  Coincidence, no there are no coincidences in life. I was so blessed to receive a little whisper in the wind of encouragement that was extended to me and to all Aspirants in the Diocese and I know throughout the World. Thank you Frank for that little whisper, and I plan on passing it on to all my brothers out there.

As we become energized by the Lord during this Holy Season, may we all be the bearers of the little whispers of encouragement that we all need.

Adieu mes Amis,

Bonsoir.

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment